OCR Chick I Am! Obstacle course racing or OCR (as it’s most commonly known for those in the know) is an exciting sport that challenges your mental and physical strength. These races are usually held in natural settings: forests, deserts, … Continue reading
We Are Anchors Anchors are we? Negative connotation you say? That is very interesting Mr.T. You offer us this title as an insult yet we choose to embrace it as a compliment. We are anchors: We are a source of … Continue reading
The 2010’s have not been good to me, as the most difficult events in my life happened to me in the last five years and I am only half way through the decade😳. However as I was having tea with … Continue reading
It’s been three days since I got back from an almost unplanned trip to Rio de Janeiro and although coming “back to reality” is not such a bad thing when you happen to live in San Diego, California (which is … Continue reading
Stop Drop and Burpee Intensas! The burpee is a perfect stand-alone workout. Why? This one exercise is a full body workout. It’s very popular with athletes and military training…and let’s get real ladies ←these people are usually quite fit. So … Continue reading
People (I find myself guilty) have this tendency to ask not about your relationship status but WHY is it that you are single. Some love to add the “really? but you are so pretty” line; as if good looks buy love.
We’ve learned to respond with a cliché phrase, you know – haven’t found prince charming yet!- and of course, always accompanied by the sweetest smile. The truth is that I secretly wish I could give these answers sometimes (please find credits at bottom of the page)
- Because “I’m looking for love, real love, ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t live without each other love”, blame it on Hollywood, I’m a #hopeless romantic.
- Honestly, I have no idea. It’s really not a choice, it is what it is. If you have a boyfriend, why aren’t you married?; if you are married, why aren’t you pregnant?. You get me now? it’s uncomfortable, it’s rude, and is none of your business.
- Despite your compliment and my high self-esteem, “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.” and I always like that somebody. #megustalamalavida
- Some of us think like the guys- I don’t know what I want; I’m terrified of commitment so I purposely (but unconsciously) keep choosing the wrong guys; perhaps I’m having too much fun!…and why settle for one when you can have them all?!
- Because I’m focusing on my career. Yes, I feel lonely at times and maybe I cried myself to sleep on Valentine’s day but life will pass, things will change, boys will leave…and you know what is the only thing that no one, EVER, will be able to take away from you? your education, your merits and the satisfaction of doing it all on your own.
- Last but not least, because as our fellow Mexicana Salma Hayek once said – “I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do.” #overqualified
As you see, the real answers are ridiculously INTENSE. And that is why people should stop asking the same question.
Credits: 1. Ms. Carrie Bradshaw, 3. Dita Von Teese, 6. Salma Hayek